Palm Beach Zoo Capybara Experience
At a Glance
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Duration: 30 minutes
This experience is suitable for guests 8 years of age or older. Participants 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult 18+
One adult required with each participant age 15 and under
The "Happy Capy" Experience brings you behind-the-scenes at the Zoo’s Cenote bridge in the Harriet W. & George D. Cornell Tropics of the Americas section to meet one of our female capybara sisters! Take some photos, learn some amazing facts, and sit back and relax as the world’s largest rodent comes up and nibbles on some greens right from your hand! Please note, this experience does not allow guests to pet or touch the capybara. Guests will enjoy a close interation while seated under the supervision of zookeepers.
Experience fee does not include Zoo admission.
Members $30 per person
Non-Members $35 per person
Max 3 people per experience, mixed parties.
- Experience fee does not include zoo admission. Mandatory admission tickets for non-Zoo members must be purchased separately.
- For the safety of our animals, and the nature of the up close experience, any disruptive guest(s) will be excused from the experience without a refund.
- Experience must be registered in advance. If you require special accommodations please email email@example.com
- Program will occur rain or shine. The Zoo reserves the right to reschedule the experience due to weather.
- You must check in at the front gate 30 minutes prior to the start time of your experience. The behind the scenes nature of this experience makes a late start not possible.
- Due to the behind the scenes nature of this experience, closed-toed shoes must be worn.
- Cancellations must be made 24-hours in advance of scheduled experience date to receive full refund. We will do our best to reschedule your trip. *Please note that no shows the day of your scheduled visit will forfeit all payments.