Let Dad run wild this Father’s Day at the Palm Beach Zoo. The Zoo is the perfect place to spend a relaxing (or wild!) day with Dad in nature.
Dads will receive half-price admission to the Palm Beach Zoo on Sunday, June 16 with the purchase of any regular priced child ticket and printed coupon. Coupon will be available for download on the Zoo’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages beginning Friday, June 14.
While at the Zoo, guests can visit with and learn about many of the furry, feathered and scaly ‘dads’ that call the Palm Beach Zoo home.
“Wild” Animal Dad Highlights
- Single-parent dad, Oscito, the bush dog has raised his two sons alone since the passing of his mate, Mediana. The whelps have grown by leaps and bounds under their father’s tutelage.
- Muchacho¸ the jaguar has become one of the Zoo’s most well-known dads following the birth of his most recent daughter, Maya. What Zoo guests may not know is that Muchacho is now a great-grandfather. Several of his offspring have had cubs who in turn are now raising their own ‘families’.
- One of the Zoo’s most recent dads, Chavez, the spider monkey may spend his days swinging from the treetops on his island home but his eyes are never far away from his two daughters.
Father’s Day – Sunday, June 16 – Show Highlights
- 10 a.m. Pelican Feeding
- 11 a.m. Wings Over Water Free Flight Bird Show
- 11:30 a.m. Jaguar Keeper Talk
- 12 p.m. Wild Things Stage Show
- 12:30 p.m. North American Black Bear Keeper Talk & Training Session
- 1:30 p.m. Primate Feeding & Keeper Talk
- 2 p.m. Wings Over Water Free Flight Bird Show
- 2:30 p.m. Panther Keeper Talk & Training Session
- 3 p.m. Malayan Tiger Keeper Talk & Training Session
- 4 p.m. Siamang Feeding & Keeper Talk